This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HealthySavings #CollectiveBias
Winter can be so harsh. It’s harsh on our skin, on our hair, and on our health in general. Being mom is rough on a regular day, but Winter can be especially brutal. That’s why self-care for moms is so important. It’s important all year round, but there are a lot of things we can do to take extra care during the winter months. I have a few winter essentials for moms to share with you guys today. These are things that I do and things that I use to stay in tip top shape all winter long.*
If I had to make myself a “winter essentials” kit, there are a few things I would include.
- Vitamins! Nothing makes me feel my best this time of year like a good multi-vitamin. I love the new Centrum®Multigummies®. Vitamins are not always a lot of fun, but I find that gummies make them a whole lot better!*
“New Centrum® MultiGummies® for Men and Women. So advanced, they have more Vitamin D3 than any other Men’s and Women’s Gummy Multivitamin*”
- An awesome lotion- dry skin during the cold months is the worst!
- ChapStick®– my lips stay chapped as soon as the weather starts cooling off, and ChapStick® is my go-to product for smooth lips everyday.
“Moisturizes & softens for smooth lips everyday” *Use as Directed.
- Cozy items- nice scented candles, hot cocoa and whipped cream, anything else that makes the winter time a little more fun
- A good bath bomb! I love occasional baths, especially during the colder months, and I have a DIY bath bomb you can make that is perfect for this time of year!
Plus, make life easy by grabbing all of these things at your local Walgreens!
I love the convenience of Walgreens shopping, as well as all of the great savings on all winter essentials.
If your family is like mine, the holiday season is a busy time, so make sure to take some time for YOU. You can treat yourself, starting with these DIY Bath Bombs that are so much cheaper to make than to purchase elsewhere. Here’s how I make them-
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 2 cups of epsom salt
- 2 tbsp. vitamin E oil
- 3 tbsp. liquid coconut oil
- 5 drops of food coloring in your desired color
- 3-4 drops of your chosen essential oil (optional! I use eucalyptus!)
You’ll want to combine all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix well. You should end up with a sandy textured mixture. Next, you can press this into molds or if you don’t have those you can mold them into whatever shape you’d like onto a cookie sheet covered in wax or parchment paper. Cookie cutters would work well also for some fun shapes!
Now, you’re going to let these dry for 24 hours and store them in a seal-able bag or a container with a lid.
These are so much fun! I love bath bombs and especially making them myself. With these and your winter essentials you’ll be all set for the next few months to take care of you, aka mom. Make taking care of you a priority throughout this holiday season & the winter months.
If you were going to create a winter essentials kit for yourself- what would you include? Share in the comments!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Use as Directed.