It is January! I know that a lot of people are getting back focused on their health and fitness goals, and I am, too. I shared my fitness goals for 2017 here! So, today I’m rounding up some of my favorite healthy new year essentials.
I feel like the key for me to staying hydrated is a great water bottle that I can keep with me all the time. I also love lemon water, which is where a fruit infuser bottle comes in handy.
1. Contigo AUTOSPOUT Addison Water Bottle – like the Camelbak, without the rubber spout. This is a close 2nd favorite for me as far as water bottles go.
2. S’ip by S’well Stainless Steel Water Bottle – these are also at Target and have been really popular. The stainless steel really keeps drinks cold!
3. Camelbak Eddy Water Bottle – this is my oldie but goodie water bottle from forever! I love this bottle.
4. Live Infinitely Infuser Water Bottle – this bottle is 32 ounces, so you have plenty of room for infusing yummy fruits! Lemon is my favorite.
These are some really great things to have around if you are working out at home. I love resistance bands or kettle bells for working out, and it can be good to have your own dumbbells, too. If you plan on doing any yoga, pilaties, etc a good exercise mat is a must!
1. Resistance Bands! I love the different strength options you get with this set as well as the door anchor and other extras!
2. Exercise Mat – I love how thick this exercise mat is. If you are new to working out or just starting back it is great support to have!
3. Kettlebells – some of my favorite workouts are kettlebell workouts (see below!), so these are a must have!
4. Dumbbells – Dumbbells are also great to have on hand for working out at home. I love that this comes with a few weights and a stand!
5. Foam Roller – getting sore is a great reason to quit, unless you have one of these babies. I love a good foam roller!
Some of my favorite at home workouts are Beachbody’s Turbofire & Piyo. I love Chalene Johnson! I also love Jillian Michaels workouts, too, especially this one with the kettlebell. Zumba is a really fun workout you can do at home. This year I am planning to try Beachbody On Demand – you get access to all of the Beachbody workouts right from your computer or other device!
1. Jillian Michaels’ Shred it With Weights – this is my FAVORITE kettlebell workout dvd!
2. Piyo! Chalene Johnson is SO motivating to me. I love her workouts!
3. Zumba! Talk about a fun workout, especially if you love to dance. We’ve all heard great things about Zumba, and this workout disc set is super inexpensive!
4. Beachbody on Demand – this is a new thing that I am trying for 2017. I love the Beachbody workouts, specifically Turbofire, and I’d love to be able to access all of them!
Amazon has some really great inexpensive options for workout clothing, too!
Finally, I LOVE my Fitbit Charge. Here are my picks this year for a great fitness watch that won’t break the bank. I’m hoping to upgrade to the Fitbit Charge 2 this year!
1. Fitbit Charge 2 – this one is on my wish list! I currently use a Fitbit Charge and LOVE it!
2. Garmin Vivofit – this is a close cousin of the fitbit!
3. Polar Fitness Tracker – before I used Fitbit I used a few different Polar watches, and I love them!
Okay guys, those are my picks for healthy new years essentials! What would you add to this list? Leave your suggestions in the comments!