It is almost February! Time to set some goals for my family and myself for the new month!
Here’s what I’m hoping to achieve…
- BUDGET- track every dollar
- Plan budget and use budget notebook
- Go to the park every other day
- Cook at home every night – lunch out only on Josh’s off days
- Make a family schedule/routine to work around work and homeschool
- walk Clover 3x per week
- develop a schedule
- homeschool for the entire month of February consistently (preschool for my 4 year old)
- prep homeschool plan + cirriculum
- Library story time (Library 2x per week)
- drink 64 oz of water daily
- no drinking calories
- wine only one night per week
- workout 3x per week – tread climber + strength training routine
- walk the track at the park 2x per week
- wear my Fitbit daily
- weight goal: 208 lbs.
Goals for ME
- Finish reading Teaching In Your Tiara and How to Talk so Little Kids Will Listen: A Survival Guide to Life with Children Ages 2-7
- Get home + homeschool + work organized, work on planner system
- Planner minute everyday
- Wake early, get ready before the kids wake up, start working
- Follow cleaning list each day
Okay, so I feel like these are really some pretty ambitious goals for me if we are being honest, especially trying to accomplish all of these things, but ideally this is what I would like to work on.
I am focusing on getting our finances under control, which is where the budgeting and cooking at home comes into play.
I am going to start homeschooling my preschooler 3 days per week for 3 hours and I’d like to get a routine/schedule mapped out for how that is going to work and at least get my curriculum all prepped for this month and maybe the next couple of months (I’ll be sharing all about that here on the blog!)
I’d like to start walking the dog a few times each week. We took her with us on vacation this past week and I discovered that she actually walks really well on a leash, so I thought walking her might do her and her nails some good. She gets a lot of exercise running in our back yard, but this is a way for her to get some benefit and me to get outside as well.
I also want to try my best, weather permitting, to take my little ones to the park a few times a week or even every other day, and to get them to the library at least for story time days, and if it is crowded and we don’t get to check out books back for a 2nd day each week to do that.
I want to create a family schedule/routine that will be focused around me getting housework done, focusing on cooking at home, homeschooling, and still getting my work done.
For my fitness goals this month I’m going to focus on water, and not drinking calories, laying off the wine, and getting active by working out, walking at the park, and walking Clover. This should give me some activity everyday. I want to track my activity each day with my Fitbit, and also see how my sleep is going.
Then, I want to read a few books from my list, get my planners organized with a planner minute everyday to see what is happening and get myself together.
Finally, I want to get up early before the kids each day to get ready, and work on following my cleaning list.
There you have it ya’ll! My plan is to take it one day at a time to try and accomplish all of these things throughout the month. I will report back and let you guys know how it goes!