Summer is officially in full swing. I know in the past I’ve run around during the summer and forgotten everything. This year I knew I wanted to be prepared, especially with my little one in tow.
1. Sunglasses & hats! I have them everywhere- in my bag, in the car… usually sunglasses for me, hats for the boys. We’ve got hats for days to keep everyone’s eyes and heads protected.
2. Sunscreen! We have this stuff stashed everywhere, too. I try to lather everyone up if I know we’re going to be outside for the day, but I keep it in the bag, just in case, and for reapplying, too.
3. Extra clothes! To be extra prepared, grab a pair for everyone and stash it in the car. You never know when you might happen upon an impromptu splash pad opportunity, and extra clothes are just always good to have on hand- especially during the summer.
4. Water, of course! We need to keep everyone hydrated. We usually hit the gas station anytime we are on our way to anywhere and grab a bottle or two.
Remember not to leave your water bottles in the hot car, ladies!
5. Snacks! Our whole family loves OREOs, and they are pretty warm weather resilient! In May, OREO launched the new, convenient 2 pack. These are easy to grab on the go & are perfectly portion sized!
These OREO 2 packs are sold in boxes of 18 at your grocery store! They’re our go-to snack to keep on hand in case we are busy running from one place to another and need to buy some time before we stop and eat! I usually stash one pack for each member of the family as we head out the door.
These 5 Summer Fun Survival Essentials have saved my butt a time or two. It’s so easy to rush around when you get busy and start forgetting things, so I find that in the summer time it is especially helpful to be prepared.
What items would you add to your must have summer essentials list?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.