This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SkinnyCowMoments #CollectiveBias
Okay, this post is geared towards my fellow work at home mamas, but any mama or busy woman could benefit from these tips!
As a work at home mom I feel like I am going from sun up to sun down. I know working mamas feel me on this, too. It never ends, there’s always an endless to-do list and someone needing something from you. It can be hard to carve out time for yourself among the craziness, so today I’m sharing 5 tips for making time for yourself!
1. Manage Your Time- this is kind of an obvious one, but for me personally, when things start to get really crazy, sometimes I need to take a step back and look at how I’m actually managing my time. Especially working from home, it can be easy to get distracted and to let the day get away. Make sure you are eliminating distractions and focusing on what needs to be done.
2. Treat Yourself- if you want a treat for yourself during the day, I love Skinny Cow products. My current favorites are the Mocha Latte Creamy Iced Coffee and the Blissful Truffle Candy Bars for a quick pick me up while I am working. It is nice to stop and indulge in a little treat for myself in the middle of a stressful day, for sure.
You can find the skinny cow products in different parts of the store, like the candy section, ice cream section, and the iced coffee is with the other iced coffee products.
3. Get organized- when you organize your schedule it gets easier to carve out time for yourself. Try keeping a planner or at least making a daily to do list with the most important tasks you need to accomplish.
4. Take breaks- just because you are working hard doesn’t mean you can’t have breaks. Be careful if you work at home not to let breaks take over, but don’t hesitate to take a few short 15 minute breaks throughout the day to refresh yourself. If you can, step outside and get some fresh air.
5. Relax- I’m a firm believer that if you’ve worked your butt off all day- and this is especially true if you work at home, you need to take time in the evenings to relax and spend time with your spouse. My husband and I like to take some time to catch up on our DVR and to just de-stress together. We also love our night time snacks- my husband loves his popcorn on DVR nights and I love these Skinny Cow Vanilla Almond Crunch bars. Just what I need!
Working from home, for me, tends to take on one extreme or the other- I’m working my butt off 24/7 or I’m not managing my time well and things are falling through the cracks. The ideal situation is one with balance, and when the days are long and I’m taking care of everyone else, I like to indulge in a little treat for myself, too.
How do you relax & make time for YOU on busy days?