This blog post has been compensated by Borden® Cheese. All opinions are mine alone. #BordenCheeseLove #CollectiveBias #Ad
One of the meals that is hardest for me to give up in the new year is my spaghetti. I am a spaghetti girl at heart, and I especially love baking it up with lots of yummy cheese. So, today I am sharing how you can make this easy, delicious baked spaghetti with lighter ingredients so that you don’t compromise your goals for the new year!
I lighten up this recipe with ingredients such as ground turkey instead of beef and whole grain pasta versus regular varieties.
This spaghetti is absolutely a comfort food for me, and the whole family loves it. It is always a hit each time I serve it up, and I love it because of the simple, easy ingredients and quick cook time!
Here’s everything you need:
- 1 lb of ground turkey, cooked
- 3/4 box of whole grain spaghetti noodles, cooked according to box directions
- spaghetti sauce of your choice (look for ingredients you can pronounce!)
- 1 1/2 cups of Borden® Cheese Cheddar & Monterey Jack Shreds
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper, to taste
Here are the instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine cooked ground turkey, cooked spaghetti noodles, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and your favorite pasta sauce into a 9×13 inch glass pan
- Generously sprinkle with Borden® Cheese Cheddar & Monterey Jack Shreds (or your other favorite Borden® Cheese variety)
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until cheese is melted.
We love the ooey goodness of Borden® Cheese, and it is perfect for this recipe.
I found my Borden® Cheese at my local Walmart, but check out this store locator to find Borden® Cheese near you!
Celebrate wholesome family moments filled with love, made uniquely special by the love that goes into Borden® Cheese.